Okay, we have got some serious love for our buddy, Jelena, over at 100 Days of Sunshine. She’s now nominated us for THREE blogging awards and we could not be more excited! This time, we’ve been nominated for a “Very Inspiring Blog” award which is just too awesome. Is there a better compliment than being told you’re inspiring? I don’t think so.
The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. List the award rules.
3. Write 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 to 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them and link to your nomination post.
6. Display the award logo on your blog (either on your side bar, About page, or a special page for awards).
So let’s kick things off with a two-for-one special and list 7 fun facts about EACH of the Roses on the Road…
7 Things About Alexis
1. My new favorite movie is Interstellar. So. Good.
2. I was a big performing arts nerd growing up. I loved theater and choir and still geek out over musicals (can’t wait to see Into the Woods whenever it comes out in Thailand!)
3. I wear fake eyelashes. All day, errrrrday.
4. Similar to Jelena, I also have never been skiing. If we can take snowboarding as any example, I’m sure that I would also suck at skiing, but I’d like to try it!
5. This is my favorite song today.
6. I bite my fingernails. Boo.
7. I worked at National Geographic for almost 3 years, fulfilling a dream of mine.
7 Things About David
1. I starting college thinking I was going to be a pharmacist. No idea what I was thinking there.
2. I don’t hold a pencil normally. Instead of resting my index and middle finger on top of the pencil, I wrap them all the way around, essentially making an uneven fist, with the pencil popping out between my middle and ring finger. Teachers tried to correct me all the time as a kid but I refused.
3. People have a really hard time understanding me when I say where I’m from. I tend to slur it like Hoi. When we moved to D.C., it got so bad that I made Alexis give me speech lessons.
4. People also point out that I hit my Ts really hard. Especially in words like “button” and “mountain” and “eaten.”
5. I’ve read the Harry Potter series three or four times. The first time I read Order of the Phoenix, I got so upset when Sirius died that I stopped immediately and didn’t pick the book back up for a year.
6. Spatially unaware people is one of my biggest pet peeves.
7. My current dream is to own a vineyard.
7 Bloggers We Nominate:
And that’s that! Excited to accept this award and happy to nominate some awesome bloggers who inspire us as well!
P.S. Just in case you found us sooo interesting, you can read 11 more random facts about us in our Liebster Award post 🙂