I see this blog as serving two purposes:
- A place where I can jot down random notes, sighting, or observations I come across. This is simply for my benefit — a tool to help me not forget.
- A travel blog that helps others plan trips and start their own adventures.
As such, I think the obligatory bucket list post serves both of those purposes. In no particular order, the things I must do before I perish from the earth or else all is lost are as follows:
- See the northern lights. Ideal location: The land of my ancestors, Norway.
- Dive inside a shipwreck. Ideal location: I haven’t looked into it too much. Any suggestions?
- Surf and snowboard in the same day. Ideal loc: New Zealand or California.
- Run with the bulls. Ideal loc: Gotta be Pamplona.
- Live on a sun-drenched Mediterranean vineyard that’s perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. Loc: Italy or Greece seem like they’d fit the bill.
- Go to Oktoberfest. Loc: Munich, Germany.
- Write a book. Loc: It’s so cheesy, but yeah, this is what I want.
- Travel to every continent. Loc: That means you too, Antarctica.
- See Machu Picchu. Loc: This exercise is a bit unnecessary for some of these, but I’ve already committed to it.
- Become a father. Loc: We actually look into the benefits of having a child in another country quite a bit. We’re trying to set our future kids up for a life with as many open doors as possible — multiple passports would help tremendously with that (as well being a spy).
- Road trip across America. Loc: Planning is in the works! Roses on the Road are coming to your city Fall 2015.
Lest I forget, I have already crossed off a few things from former bucket lists, namely: